If you are currently using EndpointLock version 4.x.x and would like to continue using our keystroke encryption, you must upgrade to the latest 5.x.x release. In order to upgrade you must first uninstall the current version before EndpointLock 5 will allow you to install.
To first verify if you are running the old 4.x.x version of EndpointLock, follow these steps:
- Click on the EndpointLock icon in your system tray
- If a dialog pops up asking if you want to allow "License Manager" to make changes to your device, then you are running EndpointLock 4.x.x and should continue with the uninstall steps below.
To uninstall EndpointLock 4:
- Click the Start button then the Settings gear icon.
- Click on Apps
- Find or search for EndpointLock (notice the version number is also listed here)
- Click Uninstall and follow the prompts to complete uninstallation.
- Be sure to reboot your PC before installing the new version.
After your PC boots back up, you can continue with installing and activating EndpointLock 5 by following these instructions: Step by Step Installation Instructions